FINANCIAL MARKET COURSES
Japanese Equity Market
Receivable Finance (New)
Lending - An Introduction
The Lending Cycle
Commodities - An Introduction (Revised)
Commodities - Trading (New)
Commodities - Livestock (New)
Commodities - Softs (New)
Primer – MiFID II/MiFIR (New)
Understanding Private Wealth Management Business
Private Wealth Management Products & Services
Primer – Smart Beta (New)
Available on iPad and Android tablets as well as desktop
Prime Brokerage - An Introduction
Prime brokerage grew from a need to process and control more efficiently the trades of institutions such as hedge funds, money managers, and investment advisers. These institutions are advised on different strategies and, to pay for this advice, they place trades through prime brokerage facilities. The commission charged for the trade pays for the research and other services provided.
This course explains prime brokerage and the benefits it provides to different institutions. The course also discusses the prime brokerage trade process, the participants in the process, and the roles of these participants.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe prime brokerage and list its benefits to the institutional customer
• Understand the relationship between prime brokers and executing banks or broker/dealers
• Explain the role that an executing bank or broker/dealer fills in the prime brokerage process
Topic 1: Prime Brokerage and the Executing Bank or Broker/Dealer
• Benefits of Prime Brokerage for Executing Bank or Broker/Dealer and Prime Broker
Topic 2: Services Provided by Prime Brokers
• Trade Execution and Settlement
• Recording Keeping and Reconciliation
• Asset Servicing
• Securities Lending
• Trade Financing
• Start-up Services
• Capital Introductions
Topic 3: Overview of Prime Brokerage
• What is Prime Brokerage?
• Institutional Need for Prime Brokerage
• Trade Processing with Prime Brokerage
• History of Prime Brokerage
Trade Processing – An Introduction - View Now
ESTIMATED COMPLETED TIME
Prime Brokerage - The Prime Broker's Viewpoint
This course explores the prime broker as it functions in a wider arena, and looks at the ancillary benefits derived from a prime brokerage operation.
Intuition engages with over 30 accreditation bodies to ensure Know-How can be used for CPE credits. If your organization needs CPE from a body not listed below, contact us and we will endeavour to have them included.
© Copyright 2016 by Intuition. All Rights Reserved.