FINANCIAL MARKET COURSES
Japanese Equity Market
Receivable Finance (New)
Lending - An Introduction
The Lending Cycle
Commodities - An Introduction (Revised)
Commodities - Trading (New)
Commodities - Livestock (New)
Commodities - Softs (New)
Primer – MiFID II/MiFIR (New)
Understanding Private Wealth Management Business
Private Wealth Management Products & Services
Primer – Smart Beta (New)
Available on iPad and Android tablets as well as desktop
Macroeconomics – Balance of Payments
The balance of payments is a statement that summarizes the economic transactions of a country with the rest of the world during a specific time period, usually a year or quarter. It records all payments made to other economies as well as all payments received from other economies.
This course introduces the concept of the balance of payments. Beginning by looking at the sub-components of this statement – the current and capital and financial accounts – the course then moves on to explain how transactions are recorded in the balance of payments, and why it must always balance. The course concludes by looking at the politically-charged issue of funding balance of payments deficits.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• The sub-components of the balance of payments and the various debit and credit entries in these accounts
• Describe how the overall balance of payments is recorded as the sum of the various transactions across the current account and capital and financial account, and why it must balance
Topic 1: Fundamentals of the Balance of Payments
• What is the Balance of Payments?
• Balance of Payments – Sub-Components
• Current Account
o The Balance of Trade
o Unilateral Current Transfers
• Current Account – Putting it All Together
• Capital & Financial Account
o Capital Account
o Financial Account
Topic 2: The Balancing Act
• Why Must the Balance of Payments ‘Balance’?
• Balance of Payments – Recording Transactions
• Step 1: Exchanging of Currencies
• Step 2a: Purchasing the Good
• Step 2b: Purchasing the Good
• Summary of Transactions
• Alternative Step 2b: Purchasing Shares
• Summary of Transactions
• Balance of Payments Identity
• Funding a Balance of Payments Deficit
• Funding Longer-Term Deficits
Macroeconomics – Inflation - View Now
ESTIMATED COMPLETED TIME
Macroeconomics – Unemployment
This course takes a look at the different types of unemployment that occur in global economies and also explains in detail the various theories of unemployment.
Intuition engages with over 30 accreditation bodies to ensure Know-How can be used for CPE credits. If your organization needs CPE from a body not listed below, contact us and we will endeavour to have them included.
© Copyright 2016 by Intuition. All Rights Reserved.