FINANCIAL MARKET COURSES
Japanese Equity Market
Receivable Finance (New)
Lending - An Introduction
The Lending Cycle
Commodities - An Introduction (Revised)
Commodities - Trading (New)
Commodities - Livestock (New)
Commodities - Softs (New)
Primer – MiFID II/MiFIR (New)
Understanding Private Wealth Management Business
Private Wealth Management Products & Services
Primer – Smart Beta (New)
Available on iPad and Android tablets as well as desktop
Credit Analysis – An Introduction
This course introduces the concept of credit analysis and sets out the details of a structured approach that will help credit analysts and other interest parties to extract meaningful information from the key sources of financial data and information – the balance sheet, the income statement, and the statement of cash flows.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Define the process of credit analysis and recognize what it is used for
• Identify the basic structure of the main financial statements and how they interact with each other
• Recognize some of the potential issues and pitfalls associated with the use of financial statements, including differing international accounting standards and the flexibility afforded to company accounting policies
Topic 1: Overview of Credit Analysis
• What Is Credit Analysis?
• Who Undertakes Credit Analysis?
o Insurance Companies
o Ratings Agencies
• Credit Analysis – Art or Science?
• Using Outputs
• Outsourcing Credit Analysis
o Rating Agencies
o Dun & Bradstreet
Topic 2: Basics of Financial Statements
• Main Financial Statements
• Linkages Between Financial Statements
• The Balance Sheet
o What Does the Balance Sheet Structure Tell Us?
• The Income Statement
• The Statement of Cash Flows
Topic 3: Using Financial Statements
• Issues When Using Financial Statements
• International Accounting Standards
• Company Accounting Policies
o Revenue Recognition
o Asset Valuation
• Impact of Depreciation
• Other Ways & Means of Manipulating Financial Statements
o Provisions & Accruals
o Off-Balance Sheets Items
o Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)
o Inter-Company Activities
• Auditors & Audit Opinions
o The Value of Auditors
Credit Risk – An Introduction - View Now
ESTIMATED COMPLETED TIME
Credit Analysis – Balance Sheet Analysis
This course describes balance sheet structures in detail and provides an introduction to the key measures – such as the debt/equity ratio and various liquidity ratios – that can be derived from balance sheet values.
Other Courses In:
Credit Analysis - Balance Sheet Analysis
Credit Analysis - Income Statement Analysis
Credit Analysis - Cash Flow Analysis
Credit Analysis - Performance & Other Measures
Credit Analysis - Forecasting
Credit Analysis - Other Factors
Scenario - Performing a Credit Analysis
Intuition engages with over 30 accreditation bodies to ensure Know-How can be used for CPE credits. If your organization needs CPE from a body not listed below, contact us and we will endeavour to have them included.
© Copyright 2016 by Intuition. All Rights Reserved.