FINANCIAL MARKET COURSES
Japanese Equity Market
Receivable Finance (New)
Lending - An Introduction
The Lending Cycle
Commodities - An Introduction (Revised)
Commodities - Trading (New)
Commodities - Livestock (New)
Commodities - Softs (New)
Primer – MiFID II/MiFIR (New)
Understanding Private Wealth Management Business
Private Wealth Management Products & Services
Primer – Smart Beta (New)
Available on iPad and Android tablets as well as desktop
Accounting Basics for Finance Professionals
This course is designed for financial professionals who would like to obtain a better understanding of accounting. While most financial professionals have taken one or more accounting courses at some point in their careers, they frequently do not have a solid understanding of how various accounting transactions impact financial statements. There is a tendency to look at the statements themselves as static, standalone chronicles of what has transpired within a company, rather than as dynamic, interrelated recordings of events.
Specifically, the course will address the ways in which accounting transactions flow through the various financial statements, and how the statements relate to each other. Ultimately, this knowledge will give financial professionals greater insight into how the operations of a company lead to the creation of those financial statements.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify how income statement transactions impact the balance sheet and the cash flow statement
• Recognize how transactions impact both the asset side as well as the liabilities and equity side of the balance sheet, and how these transactions subsequently impact the cash flow statement
• Explain the use of the 'accounting matrix'
Topic 1: The Income Statement
• Primary Components of the Income Statement
• How Revenue and Expenses Impact the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Topic 2: The Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
o How Changes in Balance Sheet Assets Occur
o The Effect on the Cash Flow Statement of Balance Sheet Changes
Topic 3: The Accounting Matrix
• Categorise Accounting Transactions
• Constructing the Balance Sheet
• Constructing the Income Statement
• Constructing the Cash Flow Statement
ESTIMATED COMPLETED TIME
Understanding Financial Reports
The focus of this course is to examine the primary financial statements in context with other sources of information and beyond the pure mechanics of their creation. Only with a rounded view of the spectrum of available information can an interested party make an informed view on a company.
Intuition engages with over 30 accreditation bodies to ensure Know-How can be used for CPE credits. If your organization needs CPE from a body not listed below, contact us and we will endeavour to have them included.
© Copyright 2016 by Intuition. All Rights Reserved.